Saturday, March 26, 2016

Memorization Hacks

One of the things that students always face at least once in school is having to memorize something. Many english classes require the memorization of vocabulary words. If your class is anything like mine, then you also have to remember it until the very end of the course or semester. Depending on the school, you'd have to remember those same words plus more for 18-36 weeks. That's a long time!

Luckily for you, I have compiled list of memorization tips and tricks!

1. Repetition. Repeat all the words until you know them all. This is probably the least effective for the long-term.
2. Retrieval. Create a list on Quizlet and hit "Test", or create one of your own. This helps you remember  the information. It is also a proved method to help memory! It is called the testing effect!
3. Flashcards. This method never fails for me!
4. When presented a list of terms, try and connect them all in some way. A venn diagram, flow chart, cause and effect diagram, and even a web diagram work for me. This is especially good with connecting concepts, like in a history class.
5. Create a mental image of each word and then create a story out of it! I actually found this one on YouTube. To watch, click here. I thought this was really cool!

These are just a few of the methods I use when I'm handed a list of terms to know. I get all A's, so they must be at least slightly effective! :P xD

I hope you guys have a fantastic week! Good luck and I hope this helps!

Kisses,

Isabelle!
 photo isabelle signature_zps43bu3t0r.png

No comments:

Post a Comment