Friday, March 18, 2016

City versus Beach

This year for Spring Break, my family went to a beach town on the Florida coast. It was superrr relaxing! I've never been less stressed in my life! However, in the past I disliked the south. I always complained about the constant heat, sunburns, and humidity. I used to loathe the beach even more. The salt water burns your eyes and the sand! The sand gets EVERYWHERE. It would take me days to get it all out of my hair. I used to hate that so much.
Recently though, I've been out enjoying the sunshine. I even went to the beach and I loved it. *gasp* I don't think I have ever spent that much time in the sun (for fun) ever.
This trip really got me thinking: what if I go to a college by the beach? Then I'd never have to leave. I've always considered myself a big city girl, but man I love the beach!

Here is what I love about cities:
  • The busyness is the best!
  • The metro/subway
  • Everything is close by
  • Encourages exercising via bike or walking
  • So many opportunities
The bad about cities:
  • Air pollution
  • Noisy
  • High crime rates
  • Can't see the stars at night
  • Can become dull
  • Hectic at times
What makes beaches great:
  • So peaceful and serene 
  • Getting tan
  • The feeling of the sun hitting your skin
  • How refreshing it is to get in the water after a hot day
  • The smell of fresh air
  • The sound of the ocean and birds
  • Sea shells!
  • Excuse to eat ice cream!
The downsides of the beach:
  • Sand Sand Sand everywhere!
  • Sunburns
  • Sunscreen
  • Sweating from the heat
  • Humidity
  • Tropical storms
  • Once you get used to it, it isn't as special anymore.

Big cities and beaches: two completely different things and polar opposites of each other. Yet, both fill my heart with joy. Which one is better? I'm gonna have to call it a draw. Feel free to weigh in on the poll found at the bottom! Active until 3/25/16

Kisses,

Isabelle
 photo isabelle signature_zps43bu3t0r.png

1 comment:

  1. No thank-you to big cities for me! I'll take beaches or country life any day, any time, any season! Huntsville and Madison are way too big at times for me... ;)

    ReplyDelete