Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Colder Weather

It's that time of year again... the winter. It's my least favorite time of year. There are some good things about it, like holidays, school breaks, and Christmas music, but overall winter is filled with freezing temperatures, illness, snow, finals, excessive spending, and not to mention FREEZING TEMPERATURES. I find it really uncomfortable and unpleasant-- sorry Northerners.

Whenever the temperature drops below 45 degrees, the southerner inside of me recoils. Stepping outside and travelling by foot or bike for a mile to get to class in the morning is physically painful, especially when it's raining. I also despise the illness. Everyone is coughing, sniffling, and sneezing and I want to enclose myself in a giant germ-free bubble. While snow is cool and all, the only benefits of snow are aesthetic enjoyment, temporary joy and, let's be real, getting out of school. Snow is cold, wet, and produces ice, which is a hazard to all drivers and us uncoordinated folks who can barely walk even when it's dry. In addition, finals are stressful and determine my entire GPA... not fun! I'm also broke and can't really afford to shop and spend a lot of money, especially with student bills and car insurance.

Around this time of year, I always think of the song Colder Weather by the Zac Brown Band. I find the lyrics haunting and relatable. As my sister would say, it gets me in my feels. The song fully encompasses my emotions during the holiday season. For some reason, when the cold comes, my depression comes with it. The holidays are a very sad time for me and I'm not sure why. Society tells us the holidays are something to anticipate all year long. I feel like it is all overhyped. Maybe the sadness is the result of disappointment from high expectations. As we grow older, Christmas and the other holidays we may celebrate slowly lose their magic.

I guess I just have winter time blues. This is the reason I despise winter the most. I don't understand the appeal of winter besides the holidays. Plus, it's COLD, and the cold is the worst!!

Happy Holidays and Good luck on your finals!!

Kisses,

Isabelle xo

P.S. Winter sucks :P
 photo isabelle signature_zps43bu3t0r.png

No comments:

Post a Comment